Media Statement - Update on Victoria's electricity supply demand outlook
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
- National Electricity Market remains tightly balanced
- 2017 Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- AEMO forms expert panel to advise on Finkel reform implementation
- AEMO and ARENA looking to evolve traditional electricity market
May 04, 2017 - 3:03 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is aware of proposed industrial action at AGL's Loy Yang power station and mine from next week, which has the potential to impact Loy Yang A and B power stations in Victoria.
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is aware of proposed industrial action at AGL’s Loy Yang power station and mine from next week, which has the potential to impact Loy Yang A and B power stations in Victoria.
AEMO is monitoring energy supply and demand balances in Victoria and across the National Electricity Market in relation to this matter and will continue to update the market on energy supply reserve requirements in the coming days.
AEMO is working closely with AGL, ENGIE and the Victorian Government on this matter, with the focus of ensuring reliable, secure electricity supply to Victoria.
All matters relating to proposed industrial action should be directed to AGL as the owner of the Loy Yang A power station and mine. All matters relating to Loy Yang B should be directed to the owner, ENGIE.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
0409 382 121