Expressions of interest
In this section
In this section
- Reserve capacity timetable
- Benchmark reserve capacity price
- Expressions of interest
- Certification of reserve capacity
- Reserve capacity security
- Reserve capacity auction
- Assignment of capacity credits
- Facility tests
- Supplementary reserve capacity
- Individual reserve capacity requirement (IRCR) information
Each year in January, AEMO calls for expressions of interest from new generation or demand side management (DSM) facilities that may seek Certified Reserve Capacity (CRC) and Capacity Credits for the relevant Capacity Year. This allows AEMO to compile information on upcoming projects, and enables prioritisation of facilities, if required, when assigning Capacity Credits. Submissions for this process close on the first business day in May, and AEMO publishes a summary of results by mid-May.
An expression of interest does not place any obligations on the proponent or AEMO.
2018 Request for Expressions of Interest
In accordance with clause 4.1.4 of the WEM Rules, AEMO seeks expressions of interest (EOIs) for new generation and DSM capacity for the 2020−21 Capacity Year, starting from 31 January 2018.
EOI submissions will close on 1 May 2018. A summary report on submissions received will be published on 15 May 2018. Please click here to view the timetable for the 2018 Reserve Capacity Cycle.
The Request for EOIs report and the EOI submission form for the 2018 Reserve Capacity Cycle are available below.
- 2018 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.1 MB, pdf)
- 2018 Expressions of Interest Submission Form (72 KB, xlsx)
2017 Request for Expressions of Interest and Summary
AEMO received five EOIs relating to intermittent generation capacity for the 2019−20 Capacity Year. In total, 323.2 MW of proposed nameplate capacity of intermittent generation has been received for the 2019–20 Capacity Year.
The Request for EOIs for the 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycle and the summary of EOI results are available below.
- 2017 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.0 MB, pdf)
- 2017 Summary of Expressions of Interest (483 KB, pdf)
Note: The application window of CRC for the 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycle was deferred and closed on 29 December 2017. The assignment of Capacity Credits for the 2019-20 Capacity Year is to be completed on 23 March 2018. Please click here to view the timetable for the 2017 Reserve Capacity.
2015 and 2016
- 2015 and 2016 Summary of Expressions of Interest (1.8 MB)
- 2015 and 2016 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.3 MB)