Expressions of interest
In this section
In this section
- Reserve capacity timetable
- Benchmark reserve capacity price
- Expressions of interest
- Certification of reserve capacity
- Reserve capacity security
- Reserve capacity auction
- Assignment of capacity credits
- Facility tests
- Supplementary reserve capacity
- Individual reserve capacity requirement (IRCR) information
Each year in January, AEMO calls for expressions of interest from new generation or demand side management (DSM) facilities that may seek certified reserve capacity and capacity credits for the relevant capacity year. This allows AEMO to compile information on upcoming projects, and enables prioritisation of facilities, if required, when assigning capacity credits. Submissions for this process close on the first business day in May, and AEMO publishes a summary of results by mid-May.
An expression of interest does not place any obligations on the proponent or AEMO.
2017 expressions of interest
In accordance with clause 4.1.4 of the WEM Rules, on 31 January 2017, AEMO sought expressions of interest (EOIs) for new generation and DSM capacity for the 2019−20 Capacity Year.
EOI submissions closed on 1 May 2017. AEMO received five EOIs relating to intermittent generation capacity for the 2019−20 Capacity Year. In total, 323.2 MW of proposed nameplate capacity of intermittent generation has been received for the 2019–20 Capacity Year.
The Request for EOIs for the 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycle and the summary of EOI results are available below.
- 2017 Request for Expressions of Interest
- EOI Summary Report for the WEM – 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycle
Note: The 2016 and 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycles are being run concurrently this year for the 2018-19 Capacity Year and the 2019-20 Capacity Year respectively. Please click here to view the timetables.
2015 and 2016
- 2015 and 2016 Summary of Expressions of Interest [1.8 MB]
- 2015 and 2016 Request for Expressions of Interest [1.3 MB]